TOUR ITINERARY: Douala-Yaounde-Ngaoundere-Ngaoundaba-Benue Park-Waza Park-Ngaoundere-Yaounde-Bamenda-Buea-Limbe-Korup-Kumba-Mt.Kupe-Douala.
- Arrival at the Douala International airport, reception and transfer to hotel, at Foyer du Marine. Brief description of Cameroon, proper explanation of tour by guide, shopping and night At Foyer du Marine.
- Early wake up, breakfast and drive to Yaoundé by road to get an evening train for Ngaoundere. Along the Douala-Yaoundé road, we make stops at some ponds and river Sanaga in Edea where we will search for Hartlaubs ducks, Peruses cliff swallows and African skimmers, Grey pratincole, Egyptian plover and more. We get to Yaoundé in four hours and book an overnight train where we will have beddings provided but we take along our own food and drinks onboard.
DAY (3, 4,)
- We arrive Ngaoundere and transfer to Ngaoundaba ranch for two nights. The ranch is an old hunting lodge situated besides a dormant volcano overlooking a Crater Lake. We will bird in marsh land, open Lake, woodland and gallery forest. In all these habitats, we will expect to see the following; Marsh Tchagra, Blue-Breasted Kingfisher, Dybowski’s, Brown Twin-Spots, Schlegels Francolin, Brown-Chested Lapwing, Western Violet backed Sunbird, Black-Capped Babbler, Ross’s Turaco, Grey-Winged Robin chat, Puvells Illadopsis and many more. This birding will be interspaced with break where we will return to the ranch for lunch and get back in the evening for birding again.
DAY (5, 6,)
- Early wake up, birding and drive to Benoue National park while birding in the savannah woodland as well. We will expect to see Lesser Blue-Eared Starling, Senegal Parrot, Black-Bellied Fire Finch and many others. At the Benoue Park, we will be at campement de Buffle Noir which is enclosed by a Miombo-like forest. Here we will expect to see the Adamawa Turtle Dove, White-Crested and Violet Turaco, Egyptian Plover, White-throated Francolin, Grasshopper Buzzard, Emins Shrike and others.
.DAY (7, 8, 9,)
- After an early morning birding, we will have breakfast and continue up north for the Waza National Park where we will spend three nights at the campement de Waza. On the way , we will expect to see Rock Loving Cisticula, White Crown Cliff chat, Red-tailed Lavender Waxbill, African Swallow tailed Kites and others. While in the Waza National Park, the possibilities there are; Chestnut-bellied Sand grouse, Four-banded Sand grouse, Bedouin’s Snake-eagle, Little Green Bee-eater, Black Scrub Robin, Viellot’s Barbet, Black-crowned Crane, River Prinia, Sahel paradise Whydah and many more. A night drive may yield the Northern White-faced Owl, Long-tailed Nightjar and others.
- Early breakfast and departure from Waza to Ngaoundere for an overnight train to Yaoundé.
Arrive Yaoundé and continue to Bamenda where you will spend the night at the Mondial hotel.
Early breakfast, drive to Awing or Nguemba forest Reserve in Bafut, bird watch and return in the evening dinner and night in Bamenda. Expectations Banded Wattle-eye, Bamenda Apalis, Bannerman’s Turaco and Weaver, Bate’s Weaver, Oriole Finch, Bangwa Forest Warbler, Mountain Boubou, Africa Green-Pigeon, Yellow Bishop, Cameroon Mountain
Breakfast and drive to Buea while birding on the way.
· Early wake up, breakfast, birding on mount Cameroon for the whole day and drive to limbe at dusk, dinner and night at Miramar hotel. Expected to see mount Cameroon Francolin, Yellow- billed Turaco, Fernandopo Olive back, Mount Cameroon Speirops, Yellow Breasted Boubou, Mountain Robin chat, mountain Saw-wing and others.
· Early wake up, visit the Limbe Botanic Garden and continue to Korup Park. We shall be received by a Korup park guide at the information centre, dinner and night. Expected to see Western Blue bill, Giant Kingfisher, Long tailed Cormorant, Carmelite Sunbird, Palm nut Vulture, Violet-Tailed Sunbird, Yellow- Casqued Hornbill, Green Turaco, Western Reef Egret, African Grey Parrot, Rock Pratincole, Hadada, Grey Heron, Great Blue Turaco and more.
DAY (16, 17, 18)
- Early wake up, breakfast and go birding at the Mana foot bridge and continue up to Rengo camp, break for lunch, late in the afternoon visit the Picathartes knoll quietly to see if the Rock fowl is there and return to the camp dinner and night. Expected to see; Green Hylia, Ictering Greenbul, Brown Illadopsis, Great Blue Turaco, Blue Cuckoo Shrike, Brown Chested Allethe, Red Bellied Paradise Flycatcher, Western Black-Headed Oriole, Yellow Bellied Wattle-eye, Shinning Drongo, Black Casqued Hornbill, Yellow Throated Tinker Bird, Rufous Flycatcher Thrush and many more.
- The next day we wake up do birding for the whole day in the Park and visit the knoll again.
- Birding enroute for our way back to the bridge by noon where a stand by vehicle will take us back to Mundembe and continue to Kumba have dinner and night at Vianello Hotel.
DAY (19, 20, 21)
- Early wake up, breakfast and go birding where we will do some birding at the Barombi Mbo Lake, lunch and continue to Nyassoso, install in the women’s centre, evening birding at the foot of mount Kupe, dinner and night. Expected to see; Naked faced Barbet, Spotted Greenbul, Chestnut wattle-eye, Brown-Crowned Eremomela, White-Spotted Fluff tail, Emerald Cuckoo, Black-throated Apalis, African Harrier Hawk, Red-Eyed Puff back, Yellow Long bill, Red-Necked Buzzard, Mount Kupe Bush Shrike, Purple-throated Cuckoo-Shrike, Grey Parrot, Yellow Breasted Boubou, Grey-headed Broadbill, Bar-Tailed Trogon and many more.
- Early morning birding to the Bakossi Mountain (Kodmin), return at dusk, dinner and night.
- Early birding, breakfast and drive to Douala installation in the hotel dinner and night.
- Early morning birding on the mud flats behind Foyer du Marine, return to the hotel for lunch, and go for shopping in the afternoon and final dinner.
- Resume of tour, comments and suggestions for the future, escort guest to the airport and end of tour.
INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICES; Vehicle (4wheel) +driver, entrance, porters and guide fees, all meals, water, accommodation (based on single occupancy) and camping fees.
NOT INCLUDED; international flight, travel insurance, other drinks (wine whisky, beer, coffee) photo camera/video (At the Botanic Gardens and wildlife centre), tips at birders discretion, airport departure tax.
NB: please the above itinerary is subject to changes so as to suit the customer.